WASTEWATER SEPTIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
Wastewater treatment systems are made up of many working components so it’s important to have them cleaned and checked on a regular basis. Most tank manufacturers recommend a six monthly service to be carried out by a qualified technician to validate the warranty requirements. Fortunately HydroVac’s team of fully trained, manufacturer-approved technicians can do the business for you!
CALL US NOW TO FIND OUT ABOUT OUR WASTEWATER TREATMENT SYSTEM SERVICING. IN THE MEANTIME, THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR SYSTEM FLUSH:
- Do not use bleaches or chlorine (eg Napisan, Janola)
These products are designed to kill bugs and will kill off the bacteria in the tank, causing smells and blocked filters.
- Do not put fats or oils down drains
These may block the tank filters and kill the bacteria in the tank.
- Do not put tea leaves or coffee grounds down drains
These may block the filters in the tank.
- Do not wash paint brushes or dispose of paints down drains
These products will not only kill the bacteria in the tank, but the residue is very difficult and costly to remove.
- Do not flush disposable nappies, sanitary napkins, tampons and/or condoms down the toilet
These products are difficult to break down in the tank and may cause problems.
- Do not turn the power off to the septic tank
There are electrical components that must remain going at all times.
- For best performance, use cleaning products (eg phosphate free detergents) that are suitable for septic tanks
REMEMBER CLEAN YOUR FILTER ON A MONTHLY BASIS.